One of the greatest things I have ever done. Let me start at the begining. A few months back I started reading a cooking blog, Simple Daily Recipe. The author Jill is an amazing cook. While reading her blog I came across another blog, Operation Baking Gals . This is a bunch of woman who got together and started sending homemade cookies to the armed forces overseas. I thought wow that is such a great idea I just had to get in. I sent and email to Operation Baking Gals and was assigned to Team Adrienne of Adrienne's House. Our package need to be mailed between Sept 27 and October 6th. I am dropping mine of at the post office today. I had a truly amazing time baking these cookies for our solider, Sgt. Mark Martin of Chatsworth Georgia. He is a father of 3 stationed in Iraq at Camp Victory inside Baghdad on his THIRD TOUR of duty! My package consisted of Chocolate chip, sugar cookies, peanut butter cookies and brownies. I also purchase some items such as single serve Iced tea mix, granola bars and a local favorite Butterscotch Taskykakes. I cant wait to do this again with the next round. Debi, Brandi and Terri you in? Maybe we cant start a team of Multiple Moms
Twenty-Five Years
1 month ago





5 comments:
Not sure why you called me out, you KNOW I don't bake! hehe Just kidding...I would LOVE To get in the mix!!
I am sure he will LOVE it!
I am in too! Just tell me what I need to do!
When and where?! I love to BAKE!
What a neat idea! I might be in... can I make monkey munch/puppy chow??? I like quick and easy! LOL (I could be like Terri... I don't bake! LOL)
I do think it is wonderful to do that for the armed services who are fighting for us!
Let me know the plan. Sounds exciting
Post a Comment