Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hunter's Surgery

Our arrival time was 10am. This meant no food or drink from 11pm on Monday. The took us back about 11:00am. The dr came in and explain the process to us. They gave some meds to make him sleep well let just say that did not work. It turned him in a live wire. They decide to start is IV after he was asleep since he was all over the place. The took him back around 11:45 They said it would take about half hour. At 1pm I started to loose it. Okay I was loosing it way befor than but. The nurse came out and said it would be about 15 more mins because they had to give him more anensthia. at 1:20 they were done .. Everything went well we have wait and see about his eardrum. We got home last night and let me tell I never want to spend another night in the hospital. The staff was great very helpful and friendly. We had to share a room with a infant (7months) who had a fractured skull. DYFS was involved very sad sorry. Parents were young and all the dad did was play video games. THe nurse wanted the room quiest at night so the babies could rest but he kept playing about 10 pm the cops came in an took the parents out. THe baby was moved to another room. I told the nurse if the need a home for the baby we are a certifiend foster care home. I call the social worker today. She said the baby is not from our county but she would keep us on the list. Here are picture of Hunter from his surgery. Boy I hope these are the last picture I ever have in the hospital.



Above pictures Hunter on sleepy drugs. yeah right

Just after surgery.
Thank you for all your prayers.





6 comments:

debi9kids said...

OH! Such a sweet boy! Those pictures just tug at my heart!
I am so glad he is ok and home.

Christy said...

glad all is well! The poor baby in the room with Hunter. how sad! I hope Hunter's eardrum checks out ok!

The Romero-Schroeder said...

Such a brave boy!

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Ah, what a cutie pie! I am glad he is OK! Did he get tubes?

Thanks for all the nice comments over at my blog! : )

You have beautiful little boys!

Jenn H said...

He just looks so sweet in those pictures, so hard to see him in a hospital head. I feel so bad for that poor 7 month old baby, you are such a sweetheart to offer your home to him.

Terri said...

Sweet, sweet boy! I jsut want to hug him! I am glad it is all over and things can get back to normal!