Tuesday, April 8, 2008

It has been awhile...

So here is the update on our lives.

Me- I am still going to the gym on M,W, F mornings although the novetly has worn off and I was starting to slack off. Where are my cheerleaders? lol Weight loss results as of Thrusday down 4.8 which bring the total to 9.6. Still have along way to go but you have to lose 10 before a million right? I will be glad when Kerri (Pete's sister) start back at the gym she is my gym buddy. My mood is ok most of the time. There has been alot of stuff going on but no need to go in to that. Last night I was watching the boys play and start crying. My babies are growing up.
Hunter is a ball of laughs. Nicholas is my little devil.

Yesterday Was the babies 15 month check up. They both got 2 shots and did pretty well atleast they did better than me. I hate seeing them crying. Here are the stats from our visit.

Nicholas Wt 23.3lbs Ht: 32 1/4 inches Head: 48 1/2 cm.
Hunter Wt 25.5lbs Ht: 32 3/4 inches Head: 49 1/2cm. (my chuncky monkey

The drs want a ped development eval for Nicholas. She says she has concerns but is not concern WTF does that mean. He is not talking he does babble. He is not pointing at objects but he will make eye contact. He does not seem to engage in play with out encouragement. He does have some sensory issues. (we knew that). She wants to have a hearing test done becasuse of him not looking when she called his name. I have notice that too. She said it may be the man gene of "selective hearing" because he has no problem hearing the rustling of cookie wrappers. lol She would also like him to have a speech eval done. I have to call our social worker for that one. I tried this before and they blew me off by saying when the do our reval in July they can address the speech Debi is that how it works? Nicholas knows some signs: cereal, more, drink, eat. He will use them but only after we do them. I hope I am doing this right.

Hunter what to say about Hunter. He is such a happy kids. He has the most contagious laugh. He love food (as long is it is not wet or cold more sensory issues) Dr. wants a speech eval with him also. He says a few things: nana, cup, snack, cookies and cracker. He does not use as many signs as Nicholas but he does no MORE!

We I guess that get up caught up. I will try to post some picture later.

6 comments:

Brandi said...

Denise, Nicholas say more than my two. Connor says "up", "mama", "dada", "bub", and doesn't sign anything. He points a lot here lately. It was like overnight he started really noticing things, pointing at everything. Colton says "babe", "cup", "mama", "dada", and "bub". Don't know where he got babe from, but he says it alot. They both do more babling and rasberry blowing than talking, lol. I know Hunter and Nicholas will get the best help they need, and like in my personal email...I hope it goes quickly and smoothly for you guys.

Terri said...

Congrats on the weight loss!! Go Denise, Go Denise, Go!! That is the best cheerleader I've got in me!! Hope Hunter and Nicholas get the help they need!! Hang in there!

Jenn H said...

Very proud of you for sticking with the gym!!! It definitely helps when have a gym buddy so hope she gets back soon! Great stats on their 15 month checkup! Keep us posted on Nicholas' progress. Both Nicholas and Hunter say more than Abbie does, we have her next check the end of this month and will most likely be referred to at least speech therapy, they wanted to give her until 18 months before getting too concerned, whatever that means.

debi9kids said...

Denise, Well done of the weight loss! I'll cheer you on and hopefully join in too.
Is it how it's done? Hmmm, NJ sucks! Nothing is done right. I would say just press & press for him to be evaluated quicker. (lie and say your ped wants it done asap. LOL)

The Romero-Schroeder said...

Hunter weigth exactly the same as Santi, jajaja..... Nicholas says more that Santi that is for sure!!!!

OHH and G Go Go Go Dennis Go,,,there is the cheerleding for you!!!! CONGRATS ON the 10 pounds

Tonya Staab said...

GO DENISE! GO DENISE! I'm cheering for you hon. I loved having a chat with you the other day by the way :) We'll have to talk again soon.

Good luck with Nicholas' eval, let me know what happens.