
My friend Debi does this on her blog after post and today it hit home. As most of you know Hunter has a
seizure disorder
epilepsy. He has been seizure free for little over a year until last night. This morning he woke up about 4am screaming and I thought boy it earlier and just brought him in my bed to join Daddy and Nicholas who woke earlier. Pete goes to work and Hunter is really miserable, clingy and just plain moody. I contribute it to his being up so earlier. Today is therapy and Hunter just seemed off he was not cooperating as I thought. He was struggling with puzzle, he speech was hard to understand. Again I contribute everything to him being up super earlier. At snack I notice Hunter face was different he mouth was droopy. He was spilling his milk, missing his
mouth and only eating with his right hand. (if you know Hunter he is a two handed feeder and does not miss a bite). My therapist suggested I call the
dr and he told me to take him to the ER. it sound like a stroke. At the ER everyone was great. The took blood from my baby gave him fluids in IV and he did not make a sound or flinch. After all the test they ruled out a stoke and determine that he had a seizure in the morning and was left with what is know as Todd paralysis. How could I miss my baby having a seizure and not realize he was not using his left side. Hello is anyone home! That is another post. I left the ER around 3
ish and call his
neurologists to find out the next step. They will
probably put him on anti seizure
meds. The
dr called around 5:30 and said they will be calling in the morning to step some test and a consult.
So today I am thankful for my
beautiful babies who are sleeping in there beds on this cold fall night God Bless you my loves! I am also thankful for all the people that have been praying for my baby and my family. It means more to us than you will ever know! I am so glad that we have people near and far that we can lean on. Thank you all.
4 comments:
Still praying! Hope all is well this morning. Please don't beat yourself up for not knowing! It happens!
We all where so worried, hope that the doctors find the rigth med for him, and PLEASE dont beat yourself up, we are only human after all, and we are not doctors.
my gosh! you have really been through a rough road! I am still praying and thinking of you and Hunter! Poor baby!
Poor little Hunter. Denise, I'm so sorry you are going through this again. Nothing is harder than watching your child struggle with health issues and feeling so hopeless as a mom.
I'm praying for you all.
xo,
Jessica Kate
Post a Comment