Monday, December 8, 2008

A Day of Baking with Debi the great

I called it... Let the Baking Commence

Today I went over to my awesome friend, Debi, house so Hunter John & Nicholas could play with their twin buddies Will and Emma and us girls could bake some cookies for Operation Cookie Bake, our families, and for our good friend, Jess.

The babies all kept busy playing in the playroom, while Denise & I baked, and baked, and baked, and laughed,and baked, and baked, and laughed some more...

All the kiddies had to eat lunch of course, so 2 hours into our baking extravaganza, we stopped to feed the "animals".
Not much chatting going on while around the table. All four cuties were ALL business :)
After lunch, we were able to put all four kiddies down for naps (yes my boys slept ok not long but the did nap ) and we continued baking for a few more hours.
When all was said and done, we had baked/made 8 types of goodies, totally over 20 dozen treats!!! YUM-O!
left to right: Oreo Truffles, White Chocolate Biscotti, 7 Layer Bars, Peppermint Bark, White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies, & Cream Cheese Spritz
center: Dark Choco Fudge
Not pictured: Gourmet Chocolate Pecan Chip Cookies
ps I may have gained 15 lbs but I had a blast and cant wait to do it again. This is exaclty what I need to get me in the spirit of the holidays and forget about life for awhile. Thank you Debi for having us.

3 comments:

debi9kids said...

LOVED every minute!!! Can't wait to see you Saturday!!!

Christy said...

So very cool! I sure wish I lived closer so that I could bake with you girls too! Love the pics!

Cheryl Lage said...

Seriously, those all look so delicious I am going to have to go scavenging in the kitchen to find something sweet! :)

Sounds like you all had a WONDERFUL time. (I'm jealous that you and Debi can get together! What fun!)